When it comes to rehab, you have several options. While inpatient, or residential, treatment suits many people, it may not be feasible for some. If you’re wondering, “What is outpatient rehab?” and if it’s right for you, you should know what it involves.
What Is Outpatient Rehab?
Unlike inpatient rehab, where clients live on-site at the facility 24/7, outpatient rehab allows you to return home at night. Depending on your specific course of treatment, your days may be filled with therapy sessions. Alternately, you may go to work, school, or fulfill family obligations, and visit the treatment center a few times per week. This allows people to seek the treatment they need, rather than having to choose between rehab or work.
Under the umbrella of outpatient rehab, you have a few different options:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP): Clients who need more medical attention may benefit from this program. They’ll come to the facility for several hours a day, several times per week and stay in a sober home.
- Intensive Outpatient: Less intensive than PHP, this program involves a few meetings per week for a few hours at a time.
- Outpatient Therapy: This offers the most freedom. It’s sometimes an option for clients who’ve completed residential treatment and want to transition slowly back to regular life. They’ll come to the facility for counseling sessions up to several times per week.
Outpatient treatment provides many benefits of rehab while allowing you to sleep at home.
Is Outpatient Rehab Right for Me?
Now you may be wondering, “what is outpatient rehab going to do for me?” While it’s convenient and often more cost-effective than residential treatment, outpatient isn’t the best choice for everyone.
Clients who have long-term, severe addictions usually require residential treatment. In an inpatient setting, they can receive the around-the-clock monitoring and care they need.
If your addiction is mild or it hasn’t gone on for a long time, outpatient rehab could be ideal. It’s sometimes the only option for people in certain situations, such as caregivers or people whose jobs might be in jeopardy if they’re in residential treatment.
Now that you know the answer to “What is outpatient rehab?”, you can partner with a facility. The professionals there will select the most appropriate course of treatment for your unique needs.
Luxury Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment at The Hills
Are you looking for inpatient or outpatient rehab in a luxurious setting? The Hills Treatment Center offers that and much more. We’re a full-service detox and rehab facility located on four secluded acres in the Hollywood Hills. Our center provides easy access to L.A., but our unique location offers the privacy and discretion our clients expect.
The substance abuse treatments we provide include:
- Alcohol addiction rehab
- Opioid addiction rehab
- Prescription drug abuse rehab
- Cocaine addiction rehab
- Heroin addiction rehab
- Prescription Pain Medicine addiction rehab
Getting help for drug and alcohol addiction is as easy as giving us a call. To overcome substance dependency and take control of your life back, contact us today at 844-915-0287.