Does the thought of rehab make you anxious? If so, you’re not alone. You know you need help with drug and alcohol dependency, but leaving your beloved pets behind worries you. The good news is that pet friendly drug rehab facilities exist. Instead of being away from your furry companion, now you can take him or her with you. Having your dog or cat by your side during treatment can be a wonderful comfort and facilitate this very important recovery.
They’re More Than Just Pets
As any animal lover knows, living with dogs, cats or other pets does a lot of good for the people who care for them. They’re often in tune with their human’s emotions. Plus, they’re always happy to see you when you walk in the door. Furry companions are incredible mood boosters.
Many people consider their pets to be family members as well, so it’s perfectly understandable if you don’t want to leave them behind while you get the help you need.
Benefits of Having Your Four-Legged Friend in Treatment
If you can’t bear the thought of a separation from your canine or feline pal during rehab, look for pet friendly drug rehab centers. As addiction specialists understand more about drug and alcohol dependency, more facilities are open to clients bringing their pets with them.
Attending a pet friendly drug rehab offers several benefits, such as:
- Improved mood: The more relaxed and happy you feel in rehab, the better participant you’ll be. By taking an active part in the rehab process, you increase your chances of long-term recovery.
- A sense of responsibility: Many people struggling with dependency feel like failures. Their loved ones might even tell them that they are. If you’re a pet parent, however, you’ve taken on the responsibility of caring for an animal. You’ll see that you can be responsible and trustworthy.
- Decreased anxiety: Having your companion with you can lessen the anxiety you feel being in new surroundings. Just the act of petting your dog or cat can relax you. As a result, you’ll be more comfortable and less stressed.
- Emotional support: Without words, pets make people feel better. They’re not only beneficial for physical health, but dogs and cats are sources of emotional support, too.
- Conversation starter: If you have trouble opening up, pets make the perfect conversation starters. You’ll easily be able to connect with the people around you, enhancing your stay at a pet friendly drug rehab center.
By not spending time worrying about your pet during a separation, you’ll be able to fully focus on your recovery.
A Pet Friendly Drug Rehab for You
The Hills Treatment Center is a unique pet friendly drug rehab facility in the heart of Los Angeles on a secluded, private, four-acre property. We provide an ideal setting for clients to begin recovery from drug and alcohol dependency, and we do it in a luxurious environment where you, and your pet, will feel comfortable.
Our treatment programs include:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Pet therapy program
- Executive rehab program
- Family immersion program
Our compassionate staff places a great deal of emphasis on client confidentiality. People come to our center from California, as well as other locales, including the east coast.
It’s time to live a healthy, happy life. The Hills Treatment Center can help you become the sober person you and your loved ones deserve. Contact us today at 866-323-4665, and we’ll get you started on the road to recovery.