The opioid crisis has reached truly alarming proportions. Today, over 2 million Americans abuse illicit drugs or prescription pain pills. In 2015 alone, 52,000 people died of prescription drug overdoses in this country. Getting help for opioid addiction is the best way to stop this terrifying trend.
Trajectory of the Opioid Crisis
Addiction to painkillers often starts innocently enough. Someone sustains an injury or is in pain due to a chronic condition and consults their doctor. The physician writes a prescription for an opioid such as oxycodone, hydrocodone or morphine, and the patient feels some relief.
Over time, the person may start to build a tolerance to the medication, needing more to feel the pain-relieving effects. The physician may also stop the prescription, leaving the patient desperate to find a replacement substance. This is when so-called doctor shopping and even switching to illegal drugs such as heroin often begins.
Signs That You Might Be Addicted
Is the opioid crisis directly affecting you or a person you care about? Pay attention to the following signs that indicate that you or someone you love has an opiate addiction:
- You need more of the drug to achieve the same effect
- If you don’t use your drug of choice for a day, you feel sweaty, anxious, irritable or nauseous
- You make the decision to quit but don’t follow through
- Your opioid use is causing problems for you at work or in your relationships
- You have made bad decisions or rearranged your life around obtaining or using opioids
If you recognize these symptoms in yourself or someone you love, you are one of the millions of Americans who is affected by the opioid crisis. It’s vital that you get the help you need before your life and relationships are totally destroyed.
How the Hills Treatment Center Can Help Victims of the Opioid Crisis
The Hills Treatment Center can give you or someone you love the opioid addiction assistance you need as you fight your own personal opioid crisis. Located in the iconic Hollywood Hills, our inpatient center provides a comprehensive offering of services to help you beat your opioid addiction once and for all. These include:
- Medically supervised detox
- Inpatient treatment program and individual therapy tailored to your unique needs
- Expertise in treating people with dual diagnoses
- Sober living options in the community
- Intensive outpatient program
Opioid addiction is a serious disease whose treatment requires dedication, skill and time. Step away from the chaos your life has become by joining us at our beautiful, pet friendly Los Angeles facility. It’ll be the hardest work you ever do, but our caring professionals will be with you every step of the way on your recovery journey. Call us today at 866-323-4665 to begin your new, sober life.